A conservation value or objective will vary depending on the character of the particular property and the needs of the landowner. An example of this value might include any one or more of the following:
- Maintain and improve water quality
- Perpetuate and foster the growth of a healthy forest
- Maintain and improve wildlife habitat and migration corridors
- Protect scenic vistas visible from roads and other public areas
- Ensure that lands are managed so that they are always available for sustainable agriculture and forestry.